Below are current job openings. Complete an application and turn into the Chilkat Indian Village office. Requests for applications can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
As of April 21, 2023 – the following positions are open:
Klukwan Library – Library Co-Director:
To provide library services to the Klukwan Community Library.
The Library Co-Director is accountable to the Chilkat Indian Village community, Klukwan School and Chilkat Indian Village Tribal Council and Tribal Administrator for the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Organizational work in cataloging library material
- Assist with applying for grants and completing grant reports
- Identify new books that may be made available to the library on the Tlingit people, culture and language
- Work with the Klukwan community on gathering information on materials that should be available at the library
- Assist the students in accessing information through electronic networks
- Maintain an electronic link with other libraries on educational, social and informational services
- Assist students in learning easier access to library materials
- Target library and informational services to persons having a difficulty using a library
- Other duties as assigned by the Tribal Council and/or Administrator.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of school library systems.
- Ability to operate office and school equipment.
- Ability to take directions and carry out orders effectively with minimum supervision.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Demonstrated dependability, maturity, and judgment in performance of duties.
- Under the authority of PL 93-638, Indian Preference shall be given to those applicants who meet the minimum qualifications pursuant to Chilkat Indian Village’s Personnel Policies and Procedures.