The CIV is recruiting for a Manager for a small tourism operation in its start up stage in the Chilkat Valley native village of Klukwan.
This position is an employment opportunity with great potential for professional growth into a management position with the Jilkaat Kwaan Cultural Heritage Center and Bald Eagle Observatory which is comprised of two business operations under the umbrella of the CIV Tribal Government. The Jilkaat Kwaan Cultural Tours, LLC is a for-profit operation with management responsibilities for the Hospitality House, tourism, and the marine operations of the Chilkat Express and JK Dock. The Jilkaat Kwaan Heritage Center is a non-profit business responsible for the management of the Traditional Knowledge Camp and, when construction is completed, the Museum and Bald Eagle Observatory.
Minimum qualifications include:
- 1. management skills
- 2. financial management and/or accounting skills
- 3. excellent people skills
- 4. working knowledge of tourism industry
- 5. awareness of cultural sensitivity and respect for native culture
- 6. business management undergraduate degree
- 7. native hiring preference applies
This position reports to the JKCT Board of Directors as directed by the CIV Tribal Council. Contact Us for more details.